Modern day web applications include a server-side with database operations and a client-side for handling and displaying information that comes from this database. In order to achieve this, a stack (or a bundle of frameworks) can be used. The objective of this course is to understand the concepts behind client/server web programming using the MEAN (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, NodeJS) stack.
Detailed program :
– overview of the MEAN stack with some examples;
– how does a stack work, the application on MEAN;
– data operations using a NoSQL database : MongoDB;
– using a middleware : Express;
– notions of front-end and back-end, the client side : AngularJS;
– on the server side : NodeJS.
– Overview of other JS frameworks : ReactJS, …
Teaching : 20h Lecture + 27 works
Examination : practical work + final exam
Lecturer : Pascal Desbarats
– Node.js, MongoDB and Angular Web Development: The definitive guide to using the MEAN stack to build web applications; Brad Dayley, Brendan Dayley ; Addison Wesley ; 2nd edition
– Learning AngularJS ; Ken Williamson ; O′Reilly